urgent - cyrus stop working after restarting the pc

JOYDEEP j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org
Thu Apr 19 00:51:23 EDT 2007

Dear list,

here is a strange problem. after restarting the suse 10.1 cyrus stop
working. "nmap localhost" is not showing any open port for imap and imaps.
I have recheck my /etc/cyrus.conf file and both imap and imaps are
uncommented. I have restarted cyrus with
" /etc/init.d/cyrus restart". it gives a successful message like
------------------------
Shutting down IMAP/POP3 service (cyrus-imapd)            done
Starting IMAP/POP3 service (cyrus-imapd)                        done

but still there is no port for imap and imaps. so i can't use IMAP
server any more.
here is the latest nmap localhost at the time of writing this mail

----------------------------------
PORT     STATE SERVICE
21/tcp   open  ftp
22/tcp   open  ssh
25/tcp   open  smtp
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
139/tcp  open  netbios-ssn
389/tcp  open  ldap
443/tcp  open  https
445/tcp  open  microsoft-ds
465/tcp  open  smtps
636/tcp  open  ldapssl
3306/tcp open  mysql

any idea what is going wrong with my cyrus ?