syncserver[4715]: Fatal error: Virtual memory exhausted

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue Apr 17 15:24:39 EDT 2007

After performing an initial sync of 65G worth of mailboxes the above
error occurred. I kept an eye on the process initally but saw nothing
worrying, then it died about halfway through the sync.

Could I have hit some system limits? Vanilla FreeBSD 6.2.
I'm starting off fresh now again to try to figure it out.

And, while at it, here are one more sync related:
* The "sync_shutdown_file:" switch, does it mean that the presence of
this file will stop the sync process? At least that is how I intepret it...

Thanks again...