Deleting mailboxes on master

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 17 11:52:40 EDT 2007

We cut over from a primary to a replica, and then back again, all within
one outage, because we got the primary going again pretty fast.

Now we have an interesting situation.  The replica told the master about
some obsolete mailboxes that no longer exist on the primary.  As a result
the mupdate from the primary did not rewrite the location of these
obsolete mailboxes.  They really do exist only on the replica.

The replica does not report to the master (if it did, it would fight with
the primary about where mailboxes are).  Therefore, the following do not
change the master: running cyradm on the replica and doing deletemailbox;
and deleting the mailbox with an imap client.

I have a list of them from running ctl_mboxlist -d on the master.  But I
can't figure how to remove them from the master's mailbox list.  Does
anyone have an idea?

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer