FastMail.FM patchset - new patches

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 6 00:34:29 EDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 04:12:11PM +1100, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> All the patches mentioned here are available for download at:
>
> http://cyrus.brong.fastmail.fm/
>

> We've been busy working on a bunch of cyrus issues since I last
> posted.  In particular things we have hit cleaning up from the
> "sync_server left files lying around after a bail out that caused
> random messages to be overwritten a lot later" bug.
>

> Ken - some of these are definite candidates for upstream.  As much
> as possible we've made new behaviour optional with the default
> being the current behaviour.

Thanks for including some of these Ken.  I've noticed the commits
going in.

I've updated the page again, with "ACCEPTED UPSTREAM" added to the
title of each patch as I see it (or something functionally
equivalent) go in to CVS.  Admittedly, this is largely for my own
use because when 2.3.9 comes out or we decide to move back to
following CVS then I'll want to be able to find the patches I don't
need to apply any more!

I've also changed the "abort on mismatched UUIDs" to "warn on
mistmatched UUIDs".  It still won't blat the "incorrect" message
on the replica, but at least it won't stop replication happening
for everything else while it waits for us to sort it out.  Our
log monitoring system should still notify us and (hopefully oneday)
automatically do_the_right_thing[tm].

Bron.