Recursively create mailboxes where cyrus.* files missing

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Mon Sep 25 13:14:29 EDT 2006

I've just finished migrating a number of accounts from a UW-IMAP server.
  I'd like to recursively create mailboxes in the user namespace where
there are no cyrus.* files in the folder:

  /var/spool/imap/user/bob/parent/child/grandchild

corresponds to the user namespace:

  user.bob.parent.child.grandchild

There are no cyrus.* files in the parent or child folders, which will
cause problems in my environment. This can be solved manually with cyradm:

  localhost> cm user.bob.parent
  localhost> cm user.bob.parent.child

but I'd prefer to handle this in an automated way, since it involves a
lot of mailboxes.

Before I roll my own perl script, I thought I'd check here in case
someone can suggest an existing tool or share a solution that worked for
them.