root mailbox/partition permission problem

Josh M. Hurd josh at svrx.com
Sun Sep 24 02:02:54 EDT 2006

On Sep 23, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Andreas Winkelmann wrote:

>>> "emailadmin" is admin and of course able to see all Mailboxes,
>>> regardless if
>>> it is specified with "sam".
>>
>> sorry, I must have mislead you.  I login to cryadm with the account
>> emailadmin but my own mail account is jhurd which is not an admin.
>> I can see user/* in my mail client logged in as jhurd (non-admin) and
>> in cryadm for that matter.  and or course the same with emailadmin
>> since it is an admin account.
>>
>> This is the problem.  my account is not an admin account but it acts
>> like one.  I have in the past added this account to the admins, could
>> there be something cached or similar?  i have of course restarted
>> imap after making this change.
>
> Maybe some Mac-OS/Darwin Special?
>
> Hmm, is there another imapd.conf? Maybe a special imap-Listener n your
> cyrus.conf with another imapd.conf. Or try to dump the Mailboxlist
> "ctl_mboxlist -d" and look for the Permissions.

cyrus.conf:

# standard standalone server implementation

START {
   # do not delete this entry!
   recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

   # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket
SERVICES {
   # add or remove based on preferences
   imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
   imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
   pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
   pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
   sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0
   # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
   lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
   # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/imap/socket/notify"
proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
   # this is required
   checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

   # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
   delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" at=0400

   # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
   tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

LIMITS {
   imaplimit     value=0