Howto migrate from postfix-cyrus to Exchange

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Sep 20 12:19:21 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 09:17 +0200, Rafael Alcalde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are going to migrate (most likely) to Exchange and the main reason
> are the shared calendars, resource booking, connections to pal, mobile
> devices...and JAVA APIS to integrate this system to our ERP.
>
> So, someone has another idea?

A friend at another company of about 3,000 has recently deployed Zimbra
and is quite happy with it so far.  It uses its own IMAP/POP3 server, so
you would still have the issue of migration, but at least wouldn't suck.
Almost any of the open-source Exchange replacements should be able to
integrate with your ERP, since they're largely based on standards--IMAP,
POP, WebDAV/HTTP, etc--all of which have Java class libraries.

It's been a while since I looked at it, but OpenGroupware.org showed
promise too and it uses a separate IMAP server (in fact, Cyrus is or was
the only one officially supported).

> can you tell me the procedure to migrate the postfix accounts and
> mailboxes to exchange?

I would assume you could use some of the imapsync tools.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>
http://nakedape.cc