Sieve authentification (against mysql) problem

Bjoern Burger b.burger at buelow-masiak.de
Wed Sep 20 02:11:49 EDT 2006

Andreas Winkelmann schrieb:
> Am Tuesday 19 September 2006 14:58 schrieb Bjoern Burger:

> -u is the Authorization-Id. -a is what you want. If you omit -a, the logged in
> User is used, in your Case root at ... .
>
> $ sivtest -a cyrus server.domain.tld
>
> Maybe add both:
>
> $ sivtest -a cyrus -u cyrus server.domain.tld

Thanks, now the test is passed without errors and it says "authenticated".
I also  see the mysql query for cyrus at machinename in mysql.log.

So sieve uses the mysql database for authentification, which was not so clear for me in the past time.

> Test this, and report Errors. Check the Log on the Server, too.

Thanks, now i knew sieve works and i have to look closer to WebCyradm for the fault.

> Here is a short description for Authorization and Authentication:
>
> http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/AuthorizationAndAuthentication

I will read this and hope it helps me to finde the fault.

thank you.

--

Dr. Bülow & Masiak GmbH | Björn Burger
Victoriastr. 119                  | Systemadministration
45772 Marl                        | support at buelow-masiak.de
Telefon : + 49 2365 41460  | Fax     : + 49 2365 414658