POP not setting read flag

Davin Flatten flatten at ecs.umass.edu
Mon Sep 11 09:41:02 EDT 2006

Hello-

I have a user that uses POP to retrieve their mail from multiple
machines with the option of leaving the email on the server.  Each time
they retrieve their email on a new machine, the downloaded email is
marked as unread.  This seems correct to me, and I do not see anything
in the RFC for POP that would allow updating the read flag, but with our
old UW-IMAP installation this seems to happen.  Is there any
configuration change to Cyrus that would emulate the behavior of
UW-IMAP?  I am looking at the* *'popuseacl' configuration setting
thinking this might help.

Thank you,
Davin Flatten