mail lists and cyrus

Greg A. Woods woods-cyrus at weird.com
Tue Sep 5 15:23:43 EDT 2006

At Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:21:28 -0800,
barsalou wrote:

> Maybe my google foo isn't very good, but I'm having a hard time finding
> information on how I might implement a mailling list using cyrus.
>
> Can someone give me a kick in the right direction?
>
> Using sendmail, ldap, cyrus.

Cyrus doesn't do mailing lists -- that's the job of an MTA or some other
agent connected to the MTA.

Simple mailing lists can be implemented using the system-wide aliases
file of any sendmail compatible MTA (eg. lists of addresses in a file
can be "included" in an alias expansion).

More complete solutions can be implemented using a mailing list manager,
the likes of GNU Mailman.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>