mail lists and cyrus

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 15:21:11 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:21:28AM -0800, barsalou wrote:
> Maybe my google foo isn't very good, but I'm having a hard time finding
> information on how I might implement a mailling list using cyrus.
>
> Can someone give me a kick in the right direction?
>
> Using sendmail, ldap, cyrus.

It is not cyrus' job to implement a mail list, cyrus acts as a mail store once
mail has been delivered. That mail may have come from a mail list or been sent
from an individual.

To implement a mail list you need to get the MTA (sendmail) to recognise the address
as that of a list and pass it to appropriate mail list software, mailman is what I
use and it works well; others like majordomo.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>