common quota for a group of users?

Szókovács Róbert szo at ies.hu
Tue Sep 5 08:42:40 EDT 2006

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 15:45 +0200, Szókovács Róbert wrote:
>> Would [group quotas] be a commonly requested feature? Is there any
>> plans to add it in the future?
>
> I can't remember seeing it requested before, so it's not "common".
>
> would the group memberships be disjunct?  where should the group
> memberships be stored?  in keeping with Cyrus tradition, this would be
> maintained via IMAP, and there is no such extension to my knowledge.
> doesn't sound like a trivial undertaking to me.

Seeing the way quotas work in cyrus (quotaroots), I was expecting
something like this: instead of the now mandatory
username -> .../mail/<firstletter>/user/username mapping, there could
be a way to specify alternate mapping:
username1 -> .../mail/<groupfirstletter>/group/groupname/username1
username2 -> .../mail/<groupfirstletter>/group/groupname/username2

This way one could specify a quota at groupname, only the quota editor
would be affected, everything else is transparent.

br

Szo