Too slow

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Wed Oct 25 22:20:24 EDT 2006

Hello,

> I turned the mail partition now to xfs and it's terribly fast. WOW!!!

did you use an ext3 partition with dir_index before? I'm just asking
because we are at a similar point and need to make a decision. All
benchmarks I know of don't show that XFS actually performs faster than a
modern ext3. Actually, with many concurrent reads and writes, ext3 seem
to perform better, but only according to benchmarks.
I cannot tell from an own installation. A switch from ext3 to XFS would
be a big step for us, because we have to take care for about 13,000
mailboxes. So I want to be really sure if it is the right step.

Regards
Marten