very slow syncing, any ideas?

Sarah Walters s.walters at its.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 19 20:34:57 EDT 2006

Marten,

> What would you do if you would need to migrate from Maildir
> to cyrus? It
> is not important for me to keep the flags. I would be happy
> if I could
> move all message files to the appropriate cyrus folder. But
> will cyrus
> detect them automatically? Or is there any rebuild-command required?

I had the same problem when I did a migration. I have a fast mbox to
cyrus migration script which you could convert to do maildir easily
enough if you have any shell programming knowledge (and if not, time to
learn!). You will lose all information though - the messages will be
flagged as new. Instead of using an IMAP sync, you feed the email
message in as a brand new message to the deliver program. It's fast and
effective.

Regards,
Sarah Walters