master-master replication

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Tue Oct 17 03:59:30 EDT 2006

Hi, list

Currently I'm looking for mail solution for our company.
We need two syncronized imap-servers -- server1 on colocation (for
home, travelling users and several small additional offices) and
server2 in our main office (in general, it's internal corporate mail).

mailbox can be changed either on server1 or server2 and changes must
be replicate to peer.

I have red http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-replication.html
and http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-murder.html

Murder looks like overkill for our tasks and can be examined as reserv
variant.

I'm interesting about sync_{client,server} replication. From one hand
"replication engine is designed to replicate the mailstore on
standalone Cyrus servers", but, may be, it is possible with using UUID
on my servers?

If my idea can't be implemented with cyrus imapd 2.3.7, I would like
to ask developers -- is this functionality planned and, if yes, when
it will be implemented?

I can be tester for this feature, if needed.

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia