cyrus chokes after few logins

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sat Oct 14 11:12:27 EDT 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Martin G.H. Minkler wrote:

> Didn't find any documentation in the manpages for saslauthd oder imapd.conf.
>
> Also still looking for dox on the sasl_min/max_layers, grateful for any
> hints.

Random googling turns up:

SSF is represented by an integer with one of the following values:

     *      0  No protection.
     *      1  Integrity checking only.
     *      >1  Supports authentication, integrity and confidentiality. The
number represents the encryption key length.

and

>From slapd.conf(5):
   an integer approximate to effective key length used for encryption.
      0 (zero) implies no protection,
      1 implies integrity protection only,
      56 allows DES or other weak ciphers,
      112 allows triple DES and other strong ciphers,
      128 allows RC4, Blowfish and other modern strong ciphers.

I have no idea if anything stronger than SSF=1 would work with imapd.

 	Andy