cyrus chokes after few logins

Martin G.H. Minkler minkler at artegic.de
Sat Oct 14 10:38:05 EDT 2006

Solved!

It was the low entropy of /dev/random - after disallowing APOP
everything is just fine. Apparently the default for APOP is _enabled_ -
to turn it off it needs to be explicitly set to allowapop: no. Manpage
doesn't state that either ~:-/

If I was to enable APOP, how could I set the random source though?

Didn't find any documentation in the manpages for saslauthd oder imapd.conf.

Also still looking for dox on the sasl_min/max_layers, grateful for any
hints.

Thank You ever so much for the quick and competent response!

Martin