*any* user's folder structure

Kevin Kruzich kkruzich at linkshare.com
Thu Oct 5 13:24:24 EDT 2006

With the imapd.conf as show below in use I can see *any* user's folder
structure (cannot see the contents) when I do subscribe - query (showing
those that I'm not explicity subscribed to). This is with Thunderbird or
Outlook. I see a "user" top level folder, all users below that, and have
the ability to expand any/everything from there.

Yeah, I thought foolstupidclients would work but it did not.

This may be just bad ACL assignment (which are assigned by default),
here's mine and a few other random ones:

kkruzich lrswipcda
magosto lrswipcda
dcollins lrswipcda
rcotto lrswipcda

Another behavior, most likely related to this issue, is I can *create*
folders outside of my own tree --where they appear as /imap/THISFOLDER
but I cannot delete these. I don't want to be able to do this.

--- imapd.conf ---
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
foolstupidclients: true
partition-default: /imap3