Failing to authenticate on the frontends

Jesus Roncero jesus at mxtelecom.com
Thu Oct 5 06:42:36 EDT 2006

Jesus Roncero wrote:

>> Oops, I forgot about that detail.  We locally patched referrals out of
>> our IMAP proxies.
>
> Umm, isn't there an option on the configuration to disable referrals? If
> not, do you have that patch available?
>
> Also, one question on the communication between the frontends and
> backends. I made them speak using TLS and plain, but would like to use
> CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 and no TLS at all. Is that possible?
> Because when I disable TLS and force it to use the MD5 thing, the
> frontend complains that there are no mechs available.

Umm, I got it to work using DIGEST-MD5, but apparently, all
communications are encrypted after the authentication. Is there a way in
which all the communications between the frontends and the backends are
*not* encrypted, except, probably, the authentication dialog?
I guess that's what CRAM-MD5 is for, but the frontend refuses to talk to
the backend if it is presented with CRAM-MD5 only. Is there any way to
do this or I am doing something really wrong? :)

--
Jesus Roncero <jesus at mxtelecom.com>
System Developer