how to make cyrus high available

Sebastian Reitenbach itlistuser at rapideye.de
Wed Oct 4 10:24:19 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to make the one imap server high available, and therefore setup a
second one on a second server.
first I thought I can use a cheap NFS mount on both servers to share the data
store, but as I read, it is not recommended.
So I thought I could keep them in sync via rsync, the slave pulls periodically
the master asking for new files, then when the master dies, the slave runs a
reconstruct over the mailboxes, and then starts the service

a third way is to use replication from the master to the slave imap server,
but as far as I have read, this feature is relatively new. Is it also possible
to pull the information from the slave side?

any other possible suggestions to do this, that I am not aware of?
Everything is very welcome.

kind regards
Sebastian