master / slave replication (sync_server / sync_client)

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Wed Oct 4 08:58:57 EDT 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Martin Schweizer wrote:

; Hello
;
; I use cyrus imapd 2.3.7 and have to servers 192.168.10.6 and
; 192.168.20.3. The subnet is separated by a firewall (port 2005/tcp is
; open for both sites). I see no action anywhere (also not in the log).
; What do I wrong?

The master server needs to run sync_client in the START block and the slave
needs to run syncserver in the SERVICES block.

You have them both in the SERVICES block and the master is running syncserver
instead of sync_client (i.e. you have them reversed).

See http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-replication.html

Andy