Trying to install murder

Jesus Roncero jesus at mxtelecom.com
Tue Oct 3 13:04:07 EDT 2006

Jesus Roncero wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get a murder installation on a couple of test machines,
> on one of which I don't have root access, so I installed a patched

I have found why it was not working with me. After googling extensively
with no luck at all (I got some hints though), I found in one of my work
colleagues mail archives the solution, from this mailing list. It is
from a message dated in January 2006. The reason google doesn't find it
is (probably) because there are no archives from January at
http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/

Anyway, so here it goes so it can be properly archived. Apparently
murder needs to do all the comunications between the frontends and the
backends using CRAM-MD5 or TLS, if not, it would refuse to start. Looks
like that is not documented anywhere or I am getting blind. Anyway, hope
that it helps.

I guess that you will hear more about me as soon as I step into more
problems :)

Best regards.
--
Jesus Roncero <jesus at mxtelecom.com>