Cyrus authentication failed

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Tue Oct 3 05:47:50 EDT 2006

Am Tuesday 03 October 2006 11:40 schrieb mailing at scastagnoli.info:

> After inserting:
> sasl_mech_list: plain login
>
> this is my telnet session:
> 0a010 login cyrus cyrus
> 0a010 NO Login failed: authentication failure
> 0a011 logout
> * BYE LOGOUT received
> 0a011 OK Completed
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> I can correctly login as other users that worked before the line you
> suggested me.

You didn't answer how do you start saslauthd.

# ps aux|grep saslauthd

for example.

> Another problem: I would make a backup of mails. I've made a copy of:
> /var/spool/imap
> /var/lib/imap
> /var/lib/sieve
> according to my /etc/inid.conf and also made a ctl_cyrusdb -d mb.txt as
> cyrus user.
> When I try to recover mailboxes.db with:
> cvt_cyrusdb mb.txt flat mailboxes.db.stefano berkeley

"cvt_" = Convert.

To restore mailboxes.db use "ctl_mboxlist".

$ man ctl_mboxlist
       -u     Load the contents of the database from standard input.  The
input MUST be in the format output using the -d option.  NOTE: Both  the  old
              and new formats can be loaded, but the old format will break
remote mailboxes.

	Andreas