Cyrus authentication failed

mailing at scastagnoli.info mailing at scastagnoli.info
Tue Oct 3 05:40:49 EDT 2006

After inserting:
sasl_mech_list: plain login

this is my telnet session:
0a010 login cyrus cyrus
0a010 NO Login failed: authentication failure
0a011 logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
0a011 OK Completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

I can correctly login as other users that worked before the line you
suggested me.

Another problem: I would make a backup of mails. I've made a copy of:
/var/spool/imap
/var/lib/imap
/var/lib/sieve
according to my /etc/inid.conf and also made a ctl_cyrusdb -d mb.txt as
cyrus user.
When I try to recover mailboxes.db with:
cvt_cyrusdb mb.txt flat mailboxes.db.stefano berkeley

I receive:
Sorry, you cannot use this tool with relative path names.
This is because some database backends (mainly berkeley) do not
always do what you would expect with them.

Please use absolute pathnames instead.

Where I'm going wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefano C.