2.6 Kernel and POP issues

Robert T. Covell rcovell at rolet.com
Mon Nov 27 18:20:48 EST 2006

Before I posted this I too read other posts on entropy but could not
reliably say this was the cause at the time, or find determine how to
fix it if it was.  The article below gave me some things to look at and
try (find /.) which I will test out shortly.

Other articles I have read reference how to set it up.  My setup seems
to be similar to what I have seen.  From the below article it is
possible that I need to fill up the entropy pool.  Are their other ways
to do this aside from running find /.?  Or examples of how to "tune" it
(if possible).

If this turns out to be the issue does anyone know what would have
changed from 2.4 to 2.6 (which I know is a lot), but in regards to
entropy?

Thanks,
-Bob