sieve_connect improved (extensively)

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Thu Nov 23 20:54:33 EST 2006

On 2006-11-16 at 23:55 +0100, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Hopefully the last post on this topic for a while.

List owners/moderators: please indicate if these posts are undesired, in
which case I apologise for the intrusion.  In that case, please indicate
if a last post with details of a new mailing-list for announcements
would be acceptable?  (It doesn't exist now, but can if that's a better
approach).

> sieve_connect should now be an almost complete replacement for the
> existing sieveshell command.

Two new features and two bug-acks warrant a new report.

 * Tab-completion of commands and filenames; correctly handles "local"
   vs "remote" filenames, tab-completing the correct one for the current
   context.

 * Basic local-FS commands, of the style found in FTP clients, are now
   available. "lcd", "lls" and "lpwd".

Bug fixed: Term::ReadLine wasn't optional because I made a silly
mistake.  Sorry, now optional.

Bug/Issue: If you have problems using IPv4 servers without specifying
the -4 option then you've hit a portability bug in IO::Socket::INET6;
I've provided a patch to the maintainers.

Oh, and I neglected to mention that there's a "help" command with fairly
detailed information, as well as the pod text which can be made into a
man-page with pod2man(1).

Current revision level is 85, available from the usual place, as well as
a detached PGP signature:
  <URL:http://people.spodhuis.org/phil.pennock/software/>

Regards,
-Phil