sieve_connect improved (extensively)

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Thu Nov 16 17:55:19 EST 2006

Hopefully the last post on this topic for a while.

sieve_connect should now be an almost complete replacement for the
existing sieveshell command.  The only missing feature which I know of
is SASL protection layer support.  Note that Cyrus imapd with
GSSAPI/Kerberos doesn't ask for a protection layer if using TLS.

New features relating to sieveshell compat:

 * has an interactive mode, all commands present (and some aliases).
   Command-names only need to be sufficiently unique though.
   Uses Term::ReadLine if available.

 * implements all command-line options of sieveshell; that includes
   --exec to read the script from a file and --realm to set the auth
   realm (which may or may not be honoured by the SASL mechanism).

New features not in sieveshell:

 * can read a password from an arbitrary file-descriptor, for scripting
   (I will not implement passing passwords on the command-line or via
    process environment); not used for the passphrase on SSL client certs
    though (is this wanted?)

 * handles script names with embedded whitespace in them (but not if it
   also contains a double-quote character since I wanted to keep the
   parsing simple).

Existing "special" features:

 * Implements STARTTLS
 * Can authenticate with SSL client certificates

Oh, and I put an explicit license on it, BSD (no advertising clause).

Script:
 <URL:http://people.spodhuis.org/phil.pennock/software/sieve_connect-v73>
PGP signature on script:
 <URL:http://people.spodhuis.org/phil.pennock/software/sieve_connect-v73.asc>
Checksums on script:
 MD5(sieve_connect-v73) =3ac250125cfe1833e4f28e8de9a75b30
 SHA1(sieve_connect-v73) =c04ac7ee65545b684358d43865b0f0e420f60891
 RIPEMD160(sieve_connect-v73) =b941d693170aa04b51a6edf50ef3896dd8d5d932

Regards,
-Phil