Captive mailbox in Cyrus IMAP?

Rich Graves rgraves at carleton.edu
Wed Nov 22 10:47:46 EST 2006

Phil Chambers wrote:
> Rename the account from user.account to user.account-pending, keeping the same
> partition so that the rename is quick. Create a new account for user.account
> and put your single message in there. Do a reconstruct to make the message
> visible.

That's a lot more clever than my suggestion.

In theory, you might get problems with POP client UIDLs or IMAP
disconnected mode (though UIDVALIDITY is supposed to address that). Any
problems of this sort in practice?

Why the message drop and reconstruct rather than LMTP submission? Local
mail routing makes that difficult?
--
Rich Graves <rgraves at carleton.edu>
Sr UNIX and Security Administrator