Web interface, Sendmail compatible

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Fri Nov 17 08:30:54 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 15:02 +0200, Stoyan Tzalev wrote:
> На Tuesday 14 November 2006 21:35 Adam Tauno Williams написа:
> >
> > Horde is a webmail app,  but it also supports most administrative
> > functionality.
>
> Coluld you be a bit more specific,please? For example which horde auth
> backends are usable?

It has more authentication modes than any other package I've seen.

> Ok,I know this is the wrong list,but the horde
> documentation is IMHO somewhat insufficient and outdated...

It sucks, to be blunt.

>  I was looking for a simple way to create/delete users,read other user's mail,

Yes - you can manage users;  change the permissions on folders,
subscribe and unsubscribe to folders, change SIEVE filters (including
other user's filters).  You can at least view quota information, I
believe you can change those settings if you are an administrator.

> and maybe managing IMAP quotas. The system consists of cyrus
> imapd/sendmail/PAM authentication via saslauthd.

Horde can authenticate users by checking to see if it can establish an
IMAP connection;  so it can use whatever Cyrus is configured to use.  Or
it can use a database (aka SQL/RDBMS) for users, or an LDAP server.