Moving from a server without virtual domains to one with virtual domains.

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Thu Nov 9 03:01:31 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:08:02PM +0100, Mikael Nehlsen wrote:

> I have an old MacOS X server with cyrus 2.2.12. Now I want to move it to
> a solaris box with cyrus 2.3.3.
> This should be no problem I believe, but I am trying to move from a
> server without virtual domains to one with virtual domains. I wonder if
> there is any problems with that?
>
> My idea of the move is like:
>
> * Rsync the osx server to the solaris server /var/spool/imap/ to
> /var/spool/imap/domain/domain.com/

You can get a problem. Different bdb versions, different OS, different
versions of cyrus.
Also, you want to use virtual domains. Is it mean, usernames changed
from "user" to "user at domain.com"?
I guess imapsync best solution in your case.

> As a bonus question I wonder how I get the users out of ldap on the osx
> but that's for another place I guess  :) .

You can use saslauthd for this.

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia