Moving from a server without virtual domains to one with virtual domains.

Mikael Nehlsen joyride at sics.se
Wed Nov 8 16:08:02 EST 2006

Hi,

I have an old MacOS X server with cyrus 2.2.12. Now I want to move it to
a solaris box with cyrus 2.3.3.
This should be no problem I believe, but I am trying to move from a
server without virtual domains to one with virtual domains. I wonder if
there is any problems with that?

My idea of the move is like:

* Rsync the osx server to the solaris server /var/spool/imap/ to
/var/spool/imap/domain/domain.com/

* Rsync /var/imap to some random dir on the solaris server

* Shut the osx server down for users and rsync it all again

* Do some processing on the mailboxes.db from the osx server (dump
change to the "right" format and import into the solaris servers
mailboxes.db)

* Fix the .sub files the same way and move into the main /var/imap/ dir
on the solaris host

At this point I don't know what I need to do anymore. what are the .seen
files for? Do I need to fix them in some way?
Do I need to rebuild the indexes? They should be consistent but they
might contain pointers to the old directory structure under
/var/spool/imap or something.

Any other problems I might get?

As a bonus question I wonder how I get the users out of ldap on the osx
but that's for another place I guess  :) .

/Mikael