implicit vs explict SSL connection to cyrus imap

Jim Miller jimm at simutronics.com
Sun May 28 16:46:00 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

My appoligies for this being off topic.  My boss go a new pocketPC phone
and the package FlexMail
http://www.webis.net/products_info.php?p_id=mail&dir=wm&tab_id=download.

I'm trying to get him connected to our cyrus imap server over SSL and
one of it's settings is implict vs explict SSL session.  I've not run
across a program which requires selecting an implicit vs explicit SSL
connection so I was hoping an SSL guru my know how OpenSSL, an SSL
session, is established w/cyrus.  (I'm cross posting this to the
open-ssl list list as well).

Thanks,
Jim