mailboxes.db backend comparison

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Mon May 22 14:22:28 EDT 2006

On May 22, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> On Mon, 22 May 2006, Patrick Radtke wrote:

>> How many mailboxes are there?
>
> About 145000.
>
>> Is there also a speed difference when running
>> 'time ctl_mboxlist -mw'
>>
>> from your backends?
>
> That's what I did.  :)

haha, yup:) I should have been clearer.
I want to know the diff speed, not the rebuild speed.

So how long does ctl_mboxlist -mw take to run when the mupdate master
is in sync with the backend.

For example,

with backend and murder master in sync, ctl_mboxlist takes 16 seconds
to run here.
If I'm rebuilding the murder master db from scratch then it takes 2+
hours.

We have 782443 mailboxes, divided up across a bunch of backends.

I would like the speed of berkley, but I don't trust it to be stable.

-Patrick