Outlook does not delete but displays deleted messages asstrike-trough

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Mon May 22 12:29:57 EDT 2006

--On Monday, May 22, 2006 10:13 -0600 Warren Turkal
<wt at atmos.colostate.edu> wrote:

> On Monday 22 May 2006 09:43, Simon Matter wrote:
>> Isn't the default policy to move to trash in Outlook? I think that way
>> you can handle it without having the people to purge messages by hand.
>
> No. The default in Outlook with an IMAP account is that it just strikes
> out  the message in your message list. It's the most rediculous thing I
> have seen  considering how every other email client out there works.

Both clients I use show deleted messages with a line through them, and
neither one is Outlook.  Why would you call this ridiculous?  It's easy
to undelete by highlighting one and clicking undelete.  And it reminds
me they're still taking up space, which nudges me to expunge them every
so often.  I like controlling when my messages get wiped out.

Joseph Brennan

(asstrike-trough, n.  Where donkeys dispose of their tricycles.)