Ubuntu cyrus mailboxes cannot reachable

Imre Veres imre.veres at gmail.com
Fri May 5 07:51:35 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I'm sorry but I was in a hurry at the morning and I'm just now
recognize that I didn't write the obligatory versions here. I have
Ubuntu server 5.04, cyrus 2.1.18-1ubuntu1, openldap 2.2.26-3,
cyrus-sasl 2 2.1.19-1.5ubuntu4 here. I'm trying to connect with
Evolution imap client.

The problem, again: I can send mails with postfix to courier through
lmtp, I can authenticate users with imap but then they cannot reach
mailboxes. I got nothing in logs, I have increased loglevel but there
was no real change, actually; cyrus processes started with 15 seconds
later but no valuable log records. How can I start investigation? How
can I force cyrus to make more logs? I cannot make a good report now
because I have nothing more to say (unless you point out my mistakes
:-)).

Thanks,

Imre Veres

imapd.conf:
configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
defaultpartition: default
partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
altnamespace: yes
unixhierarchysep: yes
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
admins: cyrus
lmtp_admins: lmtpuser
autocreatequota: 30720
autocreateinboxfolders: yes
autosubscribeinboxfolders: yes
allowanonymouslogin: no
popminpoll: 2
umask: 077
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
postmaster: postmaster
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: plain login
sasl_minimum_layer: 0
hashimapspool: true
allowplaintext: yes
allowapop: no
virtdomains: userid

cyrus.conf:
START {
       recover         cmd="/usr/sbin/ctl_cyrusdb -r"
       delprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/ctl_deliver -E 3"
       tlsprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/tls_prune"
}

SERVICES {
       imap            cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
       lmtp            cmd="lmtpd" listen="127.0.0.1:lmtp" prefork=0
maxchild=20
       sieve           cmd="timsieved" listen="localhost:sieve" prefork=0
       notify          cmd="notifyd"
listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/notify" proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
       checkpoint      cmd="/usr/sbin/ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
       delprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/ctl_deliver -E 3" at=0401
       tlsprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/tls_prune" at=0401
}