AW: crossed ownership of mailboxes after move

Miro Dietiker, MD Systems miro.dietiker.maillist at md-systems.ch
Tue May 2 17:16:58 EDT 2006

> Miro Dietiker, MD Systems wrote:
> > hey crackz...
> >
> > after some time running cyrus, and after moving some mail contents
and
> > accounts, i have a current strange situation:
> >
> > using debian sarge stable and cyrus21-imapd 2.1.18-1...
> > In fact, i did a movement [as a kind of copy?] from me.fr to me.fn
> > and this way you see in the target spool folder me.fn still the user

> > "user.me^fr"...
>
> How did you move the user?

I don't remember exactly, but could be, that i did a filecopy on the
folder from source to target... (and did not regenerated index files
correctly..)
What would be the right way doing that?

Are there other directories with information about these accounts? May
be I delete some parts and do a reconstruct... Does this also correct
internal quota calculation for these two users?

Miro