saving attachemnts from a quarantined mail

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 30 08:05:19 EST 2006

rajeev wrote:
> I don’t know if this is the correct list for asking this question but I
> would imagine many of the members may have experience in getting the
> mail from quarantined folder.
>

> I have a cyrus+postfix+amavis installation and all spam and viruses are
> moved on to /var/virusmail folder. Now I have a mail which is in this
> folder I need to recover it. Can you guide me how do I move this file
> back to a mail folder (/var/spool/imap/xyx) and get mail back to user?

The easiest way would probably be to use the deliver(8) utility and feed
it the message.

Otherwise, you'll have to copy the message into the proper directory,
using the next UID as its filename, make sure that the permissions are
correct, and then reconstruct the mailbox.  If you're new to Cyrus, you
should read the deliver(8) manpage.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer