Restored mailboxes causes replication to bail

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Wed Mar 22 19:55:29 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am in the process of testing the new 2.3.3 Replication code and it has
highlighted an issue which seems to relate to how I have been recovering
people's mailboxes.

I occasionally get a call from a user 'xxx' saying they would like a backup
copy of all their mail loaded down from tape, adjacent to their live email.
What I have been doing is to create a user.xxx.Recovered folder and load
their whole mailbox heirachy from backup to this location.
Then I run a a recursive reconstruct to add the reloaded mailboxes into
thier live account (ie reconstruct -rf user.xxx.Recovered).
When I try to replicate a user which has such a 'Recovered' mailbox, the
replication client  bails out because it seems to treat the
'user.xxx.Recovered' mailbox as the user.xxx INBOX and trys to do a rename
(which fails). There must be something stored in the cyrus.* files in a
reloaded INBOX which treats such a folder differently to normal user
sub-mailbox?
What should I do here?
Should I remove one of the cyrus.* files from the reloaded inbox folder
before doing the reconstruct?
Or am I doing something incorrect with my reloads that I should be doing
differently.

Thanks
Roland