get list of users on partition

Ted Targosz tedtarg at jobstreet.com
Thu Mar 16 20:58:46 EST 2006

I use

 /usr/lib64/cyrus-imapd/quota -f

to list all the users and their current quota and quota usage...

i think that is more or less what you are looking for

note that this is a cyrus binary , not the usual linux quota...

also note that you must run it as the cyrus user

so i su  cyrus  before  i run it.

Regards,

TedT

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 12:33 -0500, Aaron Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a list of all the users on a partition and the size of
> their mailboxes in a Perl script.  I'm looking through the perldocs for
> Cyrus::IMAP and Cyrus::IMAP::Admin and I'm not having any luck getting
> that info.  From cyradm I can do "info" on a user and get their size and
> partition; but I can't see how this is done in Cyrus::IMAP::Admin except
> possibly by examining the results from :
>
> >        listmailbox($pattern[, $reference])
> >        list($pattern[, $reference])
> >            List mailboxes matching the specified pattern, starting
> > from the
> >            specified reference.  The result is a list; each element is an
> >            array containing the mailbox name, attributes, and the
> > separator.
> >            (This interface may change.)
>

> Does anyone have an example snippet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron Bennett
> Unix Administrator,
> Clark University.
> ----

Ted Targosz
Business Development/Operations Manager
Jobstreet.com
Phone: 604-6445912
Hand Phone: 6012-2063600
Fax: 604-6428653
email: tedtarg at jobstreet.com

To within half a percent of accuracy, pi seconds is a
nanocentury.