what encryption is used by Cyrus to encrypt passwords?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Mar 15 10:11:08 EST 2006

I have a user base in two databases: one in LDAP, for Samba, and one in
MySQL, for cyrus/mail.

It's not very comfortable, as I have to do the things twice.

So I thought of "leeching" the users and passwords from the LDAP
database, filtering it through a script, and creating cyrus accounts
this way.

There is one problem though - Samba accounts use SSHA encryption, and
Cyrus doesn't.

What encryption is used by Cyrus?

When I look into MySQL database, the password look like that:

abcDe12FGHiJK

So it's 13 characters.

What encryption is it?

--