quota script

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Wed Mar 8 05:07:11 EST 2006

Hi,

You need to make sure that $CRYPT in the file config.inc.php
is set to md5.

Look here - http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html/web-cyradm-config.html

Crypted passwords

Web-cyradm supports the storage of encrypted passwords. I strongly suggest the use of encryption. There are three methods supported at the moment: Unix-compatible (crypt), md5 and MySQL. The Unix-compatible encryption allows you to import encrypted passwords from an existing /etc/shadow. This is the preferred option.

Unfortunately, MySQL uses a proprietary encryption method which is only available when using MySQL. I'm currently thinking about dropping support for MySQL crypt, because it only works with MySQL and makes a migration to another database impossible. As soon as there is a method available to re-engineer the MySQL crypt on PHP there will be a solution (Help needed in programming, legal constraints?)

Check the variable $CRYPT in the file config.inc.php. Value »plain« means no encryption, »crypt« means Shadow compatible encryption, mysql means MySQL encryption.

You wrote:

Yes, mail users are shell users too.
But question is, how to migrate MD5 hash passwords from /etc/shadow to
mysql, if I wish to use web-cyradm and sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop ?

Thanks, Mitja

Btw I found quota script, that work fine;
# quotacheck.pl
#
# Written by Mark Borrie, ITS, University of Otago
#            Dunedin, New Zealand
#            mark at gandalf.otago.ac.nz

Nikola Milutinovic pravi: