Latin1/UTF8 chars?

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon Jun 26 15:55:59 EDT 2006

Hello,

> Driven by the setting of "reject8bit" in /etc/imapd.conf in both
> Cyrus 2.2.* and 2.3.*.  The default is to change 8-bit characters
> to "X".  Set "reject8bit" to have lmtpd reject messages with 8-bit
> characters in the headers.

if I can disable rejecting, can I also disable changing characters to X?

The point is, that when we are migrating from dovecot to cyrus very
soon, I don't want to see strange sideeffects after the migration and
users yelling at me because sometime changed in the IMAP behaviour.

And there are senders that send invalid characters in the subject but
you cannot force them to send valid encoded subjects (several registries
for internet domain names).

Regards
Marten