problem delivering messages

Luís Cargnini lvcargnini at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 00:03:21 EDT 2006

Hi thanks the reply i put the answers on message body following:
On 6/14/06, Sandy Drobic <cyrus-info at japantest.homelinux.com> wrote:
> Luís Cargnini wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't know much about Sendmail (I prefer Postfix, thank
> you very much ;-).
no problem
> If sendmail is running, does the log show that your mail has been received?
yes it are been received

> Could you please confirm that Sendmail is indeed listening on your ip
> address and not only on localhost?
> netstat -antp | grep ":25"
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25              0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      17966/sendmail: acc

> Try to send a mail at the commandline on your server using "mail" or /usr
> /sbin/sendmail".
i did it i sent an e-mail to my google mail accouunt from machine and it work

> Also if a mails is received, does Sendmail try to deliver the mail to Cyrus?

it try

> Can you deliver the message manually with the deliver command?
>
> cat /some/example_mail | deliver -a cyrus -m user.cargnini

 cat mailteste  | /usr/lib/cyrus/deliver -a cyrus -m user.cargnini
+user.cargnini: Message contains invalid header
as root
 cargnini% cat /tmp/mailteste | /usr/lib/cyrus/deliver -a cyrus -m user.cargnini
couldn't connect to lmtpd: Permission denied
421 4.3.0 deliver: couldn't connect to lmtpd
(shark:~/freenet) cargnini%
as user
Jun 15 01:09:05 shark deliver[27255]: connect(/var/imap/socket/lmtp)
failed: Permission denied

> Does such a mail appear in Cyrus?
i don't know how to verify ?

> you can delete CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 from the list, saslauthd does not
> support shared-secret mechanisms.
ok deleting

> Aside from that your Cyrus configuration looks fine.
>

> Sandy
thnaks for all the help Sandy

--
Thanks && Regards