problem delivering messages

Sandy Drobic cyrus-info at japantest.homelinux.com
Wed Jun 14 13:39:28 EDT 2006

Luís Cargnini wrote:
> thansk i tried  the history of list, but not that could solve my problem.
> my cyrus imapd server is cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-r4, from gentoo  portage.
> cyrus-imap-admin 2.2.12-r1 , cyrus-sasl-2.1.21-r2
> when i use cyradm (that start work without any explanation), i must
> type password twice in the followin g situation:
> cyradm -u cyrus localhost -auth plain
> Password:
> IMAP Password:
> then
> MYSERVER.DOMAIN>
> i created the mailbox for my user user.cargnini
> cm user.cargnini
> than added two rules
> sam user.cargnini ....
> following:
>
> cargnini lrswipcda
> anyone lrsp
> but my send mail is not delivering messages to my imap, not even with
> thunderbird i could use my mailbox, because it's say that it does not
> exist.
> wow my sendmail 8.13.6
> my conf:

> dnl set SASL options
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN')dnl
> define(`confDEF_AUTH_INFO', `/etc/mail/auth-info')dnl
> define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')
> define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS',`SA5 at w')
> define(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_FLAGS', `S')
> define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS',`A5 at w')

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Sendmail (I prefer Postfix, thank
you very much ;-).

If sendmail is running, does the log show that your mail has been received?

> MAILER(`cyrusv2')
> MAILER(local)
> MAILER(smtp)
> MAILER(procmail)dnl

Could you please confirm that Sendmail is indeed listening on your ip
address and not only on localhost?

netstat -antp | grep ":25"

Try to send a mail at the commandline on your server using "mail" or /usr
/sbin/sendmail".

Also if a mails is received, does Sendmail try to deliver the mail to Cyrus?

Can you deliver the message manually with the deliver command?

cat /some/example_mail | deliver -a cyrus -m user.cargnini

Does such a mail appear in Cyrus?

> my configutaion files, anything else is needed ?
>
> /etc/conf.d/saslauthd:
> SASLAUTHD_OPTS="${SASLAUTH_MECH} -a pam"
>
> /etc/cyrus.conf:
> START {
>  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"
>  idled         cmd="idled"
> }
>
> # UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket.
> SERVICES {
>  # Add or remove based on preferences.
>  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap2" prefork=0
>  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop-3" prefork=0
>  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
>  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
>  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0
>  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
>  #lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
>  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
>  notify        cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/imap/socket/notify"
> proto="udp" prefork=1
> }
>
> EVENTS {
>  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
>  delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" period=1440
>  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" period=1440
> }
>
> /etc/imapd.conf:
> configdirectory:        /var/imap
> partition-default:      /var/spool/imap
> servername:             MYSERVER.DOMAIN
> sievedir:               /var/imap/sieve
> timeout:                30
> imapidlepoll:           60
> imapidresponse:         yes
> poptimeout:             10
> popminpoll:             0
> singleinstancestore:    yes
> sieveusehomedir:        true
> unixhierarchysep:       yes
> postmaster:             postmaster
> tls_ca_path:            /etc/ssl/certs
> tls_cert_file:          /etc/ssl/cyrus/server.crt
> tls_key_file:           /etc/ssl/cyrus/server.key
> # Don't use an everyday user as admin.
> admins:                 cyrus root
> hashimapspool:          yes
> allowanonymouslogin:    no
> #allowplaintext:                no
> allowusermoves:         yes
> #sieveusehomedir:       yes
> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> #sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
> #sasl_auxprop_plugin: pam
> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 NTLM

you can delete CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 from the list, saslauthd does not
support shared-secret mechanisms.

Aside from that your Cyrus configuration looks fine.

Sandy