Postfix Routing & Cyrus Virtdomains

Pedro Algarvio ufs at ufsoft.org
Tue Jun 13 14:04:12 EDT 2006

Quoting former03 | Baltasar Cevc <baltasar.cevc at former03.de>:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> Postfix does that without problems in general. You probably have some
> config error.
>
> You should only need to set virtual_mailbox_transport =
> lmtp||cyrus:<destination>, virtual_mailbox_domains = <some map that
> gives you the domains to be used with the virtual mailbox transport>
> (e.g. a file that contains <domain1> VIRTUAL\n<domain2> VIRTUAL\netc.)
> as hash:/etc/postfix/virtual.domains (don't forget to run postmap on
> that file) - if you want - virtual_mailbox_maps (then Postfix will
> reject all messages to addresses not listed in that file, same format
> as for vritual domain table). See virtual(5) for details on the tables.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Baltasar
>

> _____ former 03 gmbh
> _____ infanteriestraße 19 haus 6 eg
> _____ 80797 muenchen
>
> _____ http://www.former03.de

The docs state that virtual mailbox, need some extra suff set up,
namely virtual_mailbox_base.

How would this help with several backends?
I can't define several cyrus backends, can I?

And how exaclty does virtual_mailbox help in this scenario, since mail
must be routed to the appropriate backend, which might be in another
server, and for what I see in the docs, the virtual_mailbox requires
the physical paths to the mailboxes, correct?

And will an address like username at domain.tld@backend be routed
correctly with virtual_mailboxes?

Please some help for someone who's strugling with this for quite some
days now.
--
Pedro Algarvio
`-------'    `-------'    ufs [AT] sapo [DOT] pt