Emergency recovery...

Forrest Aldrich forrie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 05:29:38 EDT 2006

Had a disk crash today (thunderstorm related).

In so doing, I neglected to copy over /var/imap which has the *.db files.
I can start up Cyrus Imapd fine, but the logs complain about
checkpointing...not being able to do database operations, DB_NOTFOUND and
"archive /var/imap/db: cyrusdb error", etc.

I can connect to the IMAPD server, but it hangs and times out.

I ran mkimap, which created the structure, but still get the errors upon
starting IMAPD.

I did copy over /var/spool/imap and it seems alright.

What can I do to fix this?

(please reply to me here)

Thanks.