trashed databases after disk full situation

Rodrigo Ventura yoda at isr.ist.utl.pt
Fri Jul 21 09:40:18 EDT 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 12:20, Daniel Eckl wrote:
> But can anyone shed light on how to recover a crashed skiplist file?

I found a mail in the mailing list archives (via anonymous imap) with a link
to http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0507/0075.html
stating that:

We have also seen skiplist corruption in seen databases. I don't have a
 recovery tool, but I have been able to manually recover seen db's to the
 point of corruption so that at least most of the users mails are in the
 correct 'read' state. Typically, you will see errors like:

DBERROR: skiplist recovery /usr/local/imap/user/k/kdelaney.seen: 0D2C
 should be ADD or DELETE

If you truncate the file at this point, it should fix the problem, and
 the users mail read state will be valid upto the point of corruption.
 To do this, convert the hex to decimal (above would be 1372) and use the
 dd command:

dd if=kdelaney.seen of=kdelaney.seen.fixed bs=1 count=1372

replace the corrupted .seen file with the fixed one and have user log in
 and should be ok.

Seems to work on the couple I have tried it on.

and it worked for me!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

--