trashed databases after disk full situation

Daniel Eckl deckl at nero.com
Fri Jul 21 07:20:27 EDT 2006

Hi!

Recently I switched over to another mail host running the same software
(cyrus 2.2.12) and there was one broken seen database, too with a
similar error message.

I didn't find any possibility to recover this db. I had to delete it, too.

I think skiplist is one of the most reliable databases, with berkeley db
I always has locking problems like these as you mentioned, slow service
startup and a lot of general fuss...

But can anyone shed light on how to recover a crashed skiplist file?

@Simon
I thought about searching the mailing list archives, too, but got major
problems:

just gives 404.

The web/http links on http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/lists.html#archives
gives 404 either.

So there seem to be no archives I know of.
Is there an archive mirror anywhere?

It's kinda demoralizing to get an RTFM when the manual is gone for good...

Thanks,
Daniel