Subscribe as admin for a user?

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Wed Jul 12 11:48:31 EDT 2006

Anyone know of a perl module or php function that will let the cyrus
administrator-user subscribe a mailbox for a user without
authenticating as that user and without using autocreate?

Would I break anything by modifying
/var/imap/user/X/joeschmo/joeschmo.sub?
The user would definitely not be logged in at the time.

As you might have guessed, this is for a group of mega-newbies.  They'll
be accessing the Cyrus server from work, from home, some with a Treo,
Thunderbird, Outlook, Squirrelmail, ...  Otherwise I'd just have them
uncheck 'Show only subscribed folders', etc.  I also won't have their
passwords, unless I call each one to get it, so doing it myself as each
user would be less than convenient.

Thanks,
   Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA