Implied virtdomain?

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 16:48:52 EDT 2006

We're in the process of migrating from an ancient UW-IMAP setup to
Cyrus with "virtdomains: yes", and there's one little thing I'm
wondering about. Our old accounts just have a username without the
domain part, whereas all of our new accounts will be a user at domain
format. If someone tries to login with just a username, Cyrus/SASL
uses the defaultdomain to lookup the username, which is great.

I'm wondering though, is there a way to also have Cyrus default to the
defaultdomain with the mailbox? For example, let's say our default
domain is domain1.com. If someone logs in with the username "patrick",
SASL looks up patrick at domain1.com in our database. What we want is
that once the user is authenticated, their mailbox is also
user/patrick at domain1.com instead of just user/patrick. Is this at all
possible?

Thanks,

Patrick